Roman Alphabet Online Search
See also the complete text image online search. Results from titles contained in the complete text image database will be identified with the term 画像. Click it to link to the database.
The database consists of the following titles:
The database is updated on regular basis.
- Titles catalogued since 1994.
- Titles catalogued up through 1993 and grouped geographically into East Asia, China, Korea, America, Southeast Asia, West Asia/North Africa and Japan.
- Titles from the collection of the former Modern China Studies Committee accumulated since 1954.
- Western language titles from the Enoki Collection (the holdings of the late Enoki Kazuo featuring a broad offering of Central Asian sources).
- Western language titles from the Iwami Collection (the Islamic source owned by the late Iwami Takashi).
- Titles in the Morrison II Collection (sources focusing on Southeast Asian, mainly Borneo, collected by the son of G.E. Morrison, Alastair, and his wife Hedda).
- Titles in the Veralde Collection (Southeast Asian, mainly Philippine, sources owned by a missionary family residing in Manila).
- Titles in the Morrison Pamphlet Collection (China-related source collected by G.E. Morrison).
- Non-Arabic Southeast Asian sources (Devangari, Gujarati, ect.)
Bibliographic data on the titles catalogued before 1993 will be continuously added.
- You may search title, series, author, place of publication, publisher, year of publication, content, annotations
- Enter ss as a code for ß and separate diphthongs, like æ into a e.
- No distinction is made between upper and lower case entries.
- Umlaut and other diacritics are in principle not distinguished.
However, some records can be search with diacritics.
It is suggested that diacritics be searched with the OR function.
ex. Étrangère → Étrangère OR etrangere
- Non-Roman character (e.g. Chinese character) searches may also be done.
- The Western language titles in the Tuji Collection (India-related sources owned by the late Tsuji Shiro) are presently available only at the former search engine.
For further information, please contact here.